The EDGE Essex After School Program
The goal of the After School Program is to provide your child with the opportunity to engage in a positive, active and fun environment while also learning and developing social skills, social and personal responsibility, and problem solving and conflict resolution skills. We offer a variety of sport-oriented activities that teach new skills and allow children to have FUN in our after-school program between the hours of 1:45pm – 5:30 pm. We provide a non-competitive, encouraging atmosphere that will introduce children to sports and games. All activities are geared to motivate and build self- esteem, within a child-friendly environment.
The After School Program seeks to promote each of these by:
- Encouraging your child to think critically
- Engaging children in activities that are developmentally appropriate
- Leading activities that are geared toward the promotion of optimal physical development and physical fitness
- Encouraging sharing and cooperation
- Encouraging children to play and work independently and as a member of a group
- Helping each child recognize the rights, feelings and property of others.
Our program offers a balance of consistency, so that the children know what to expect each day and variety to keep the children interested and excited. Our approach is flexible, with the instructors able to vary the daily program in response to your child’s interest.
What do we offer during the after-school program?
- Our weekly sports schedule includes swimming, climbing wall, cooperative group games and more
- Other activities include Zumba, Homework Club, Outdoor Time and more
- Time to unwind (board games, books, crafts, etc.)
- Quiet/study time for those that want/need it
Parents may choose from 2, 3, 4, or 5-day programs. The tuition covers the afternoon session, regardless of adjustments in arrival and departure times. We cannot commit to substitutions of days without additional payment. To fill out an application click here.
Ultimate EDGE Member Rates: $119/week
Non-Member Rate: $137/week
$37/day (Member & Non-Member)
1:45pm – 5:30pm
Parents will need to provide a healthy and nutritious snack for their children. We are a PEANUT & TREE NUT FREE center!
Please call in advance if your child is not attending on a scheduled day.
Parents or a designated adult must pick up a child. We provide transportation from, Union Memorial School, Mallet’s Bay Middle School, Fleming Elem., Hiawatha and Summit Street schools, Essex Elementary, and Founders Memorial. There is a sign in and out sheet with the instructors at all times. They will check in your child as he/she arrives at the EDGE and we ask that you sign your child out when you pick up at the end of the day.
We follow the local school calendars based upon the town of the After School Program. Our program provides care for early dismissal days, camp on full days off and full weeks of vacation. Sign ups for Camp is separate and an additional tuition cost.