Adults and teens interested in becoming a certified lifeguard or swim instructor can enroll in courses taught at The Edge.
Lifeguard Certification (Full Course): Course offerings coming soon
Lifeguard Re-Certification (for those who have completed Full Course):
Saturday, October 20
Williston EDGE, 115 Wellness Drive
Lifeguards protect the community by preventing, recognizing, and responding to water-related emergencies. This blended learning course re-trains lifeguards who already have a certification, to act with speed and confidence in emergency situations in and out of the water. Course includes online learning component, water rescue skills, surveillance and recognition, first aid, breathing and cardiac emergencies, CPR, AED and more. Successful completion results in a 2-year certification.
• Must hold a current Red Cross lifeguard certification (this is a re-certification course)
• Must be at least 15 years of age
• Must swim 300 yards continuously, demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing
• Swim may be freestyle or breaststroke (no side stroke or back stroke)
• Must be able to tread water for 2 minutes using legs only
• Must complete the following timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds:
1 – Start in water, swim 20 yards
2 – Surface dive, feet-first or head-first to depth of 7-10’ to retrieve 10lb object
3 – Re-surface, swim 20yds on back with both hands holding object during return swim
4 – Exit water without using ladder or steps
EDGE Members = $150*
Non-Members = $225*
* Does not include $35 paid directly to Red Cross during online portion of course
Contact the EDGE in Williston 802-864-8044. Once enrolled, participants will receive a link via email to the online portion of the course, which must be completed prior to the October 20 course date.
More Information firstname.lastname@example.org
Water Safety Instructor Certification: Course offerings coming soon