Lifeguard Certification (Full Course):
Monday-Thursday, June 24-27
Lifeguards protect the community by preventing, recognizing, and responding to water-related emergencies. This blended learning course trains participants to act with speed and confidence in emergency situations in and out of the water. Course includes online learning component, water rescue skills, surveillance and recognition, first aid, breathing and cardiac emergencies, CPR, AED and more. Successful completion results in a 2-year certification.
- Must be at least 15 years of age
- Must swim 300 yards continuously, demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing
- Swim may be freestyle or breaststroke (no side stroke or back stroke)
- Must be able to tread water for 2 minutes using legs only
- Must complete the following timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds:
1 – Start in water, swim 20 yards
2 – Surface dive, feet-first or head-first to depth of 7-10’ to retrieve 10lb object
3 – Re-surface, swim 20yds on back with both hands holding object during return swim
4 – Exit water without using ladder or steps
EDGE Members = $285.00
Non-Members = $360.00
Enrollment opens May 13. Contact the Williston EDGE 802-864-8044. Maximum 12 participants. Participants will receive a link via email to the online portion of the course, which must be completed prior to the course start date.